A great fit
The Monaco is Seating Matters’ entry-level comfort armchair and is available in a large range of different seat widths and heights, providing an even more comfortable experience.
It’s ideal for users looking to avoid skin breakdown issues with only minor postural requirements. It’s a great chair for those with reduced mobility but who still wish to retain independence during transfers.
- Back recline
- Adjustable seat height and angle
- Lateral supports
- Safe seated position
- Helps manage pressure
- Accommodates tight hamstrings
- Infection control approved
- Seven seat widths – from 40cm – 50cm
- Six seat heights – from 37.5cm – 50cm
- Seat depth and other dimensions are adjustable
- Maximum chair weight (unloaded) is 67kgs
- Maximum user weight = 113kgs – 248kg (subject to model selected)
For full details of the Monaco chair features please download the brochure.
Seating Matters recently completed a two-year clinical trial with the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, looking at the principles of correct seating. The study demonstrated that correct seating – using these armchairs, reduced skin breakdown and pressure ulcers by 88 per cent in a 12 week period. (The research summary can be found here).
Motum stocks the full range of Seating Matters chairs and can provide advice on the best chair for a range of needs, including postural support, pressure relief and general comfort.
Call or email us to find out more.