Designed by therapists, loved by users
The Phoenix is Seating Matters’ premium armchair. Due to its clever and adjustable design, these chairs offers an outstanding level of postural support, particularly in terms of the upper body, and, ultimately, user comfort.
The Phoenix is particularly well suited for rehabilitation as well as individuals with progressive conditions.
- Manual or power tilt versions available
- Back recline and elevating leg rest
- Helps manage pressure
- Fully adjustable in under 60 seconds, without tools
- Unique adjustable back support
- Forward tilt for stand transfers
- Powered option
- A large range of accessories available
- Available in three seat widths – from 40cm – 50cm
- Seat depth and other dimensions are adjustable
- Maximum user weight = 113kg (weight grade 1) and 159kgs (weight grade 2)
For full details of the Phoenix chair features please download the brochure.
Seating Matters recently completed a two-year clinical trial with the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, looking at the principles of correct seating. The study demonstrated that correct seating – using these armchairs, reduced skin breakdown and pressure ulcers by 88 per cent in a 12 week period. (The research summary can be found here).
Motum stocks the full range of Seating Matters chairs and can provide advice on the best chair for a range of needs, including postural support, pressure relief and general comfort.
Call or email us to find out more.