Support meets comfort
As you would expect from a chair designed by a therapist, the Sorrento is ideal for individuals who have to spend a significant amount of time seated.
It offers a supportive design but makes its user’s comfort a priority and helps to reduce the risk of skin breakdown. Additionally the anterior lift option can also help to provide independence with transfers.
The Sorrento is particularly well suited for individuals at risk of pressure sores, suffering from reduced trunk control or swelling, or with rehabilitation needs such as after a stroke.
- Tilt in Space
- Back recline and elevating leg rest
- Change every dimension to fit any user
- Helps manage pressure
- Fully adjustable in under 60 seconds, without tools
- Forward tilt for stand transfers
- Manual and powered options
- A large range of accessories available
- Available in three seat widths – from 40cm – 50cm
- Seat depth and other dimensions are adjustable
- Maximum user weight = 113kgs (weight grade 1) and 159kgs (weight grade 2)
For full details of the Sorrento chair features please download the brochure.
Seating Matters recently completed a two-year clinical trial with the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, looking at the principles of correct seating. The study demonstrated that correct seating – using these armchairs, reduced skin breakdown and pressure ulcers by 88 per cent in a 12 week period. (The research summary can be found here).
Motum stocks the full range of Seating Matters chairs and can provide advice on the best chair for a range of needs, including postural support, pressure relief and general comfort.
Call or email us to find out more.